Other than the affect that excess weight gain has on our physical appearance it can also affect a person in many other ways as well. Such as quality of life, self-esteem, depression, health risks, and physical limitations. There are a lot of positive changes that weight loss can achieve and numerous reasons that a lot of people are searching for any type weight loss technique that might help them.
Before starting any weight loss plan a person should get a clean bill of health from their healthcare provider. To lose weight efficiently there are certain things that will have to change: What you eat, When you eat, How you eat, and your daily activity levels.
Here are some tips that can help you shed those extra pounds:
1. To lose weight you have to have the right mindset, exercise plan, eating plan and in some cases, diet supplements.
2. Your goals have to be realistic. Unrealistic goals will only frustrate you and cause you to give up when you are unable to achieve them.
3. Listen to your body. Each person's body is different. Your body and metabolism will react differently than someone else's body. You can try different programs but make sure to give each one enough time to work. 4-6 weeks should be sufficient time to tell if it is the program for you. (but this technique will only work if you are REALLY sticking to the program)
The amount of exercise starting out will be different for everyone …. initially. If walking is all you can do, then walk until you increase your body's stamina. Then move up to brisk walking, then a slow jog, etc. But it is important to have some form of activity.
4. Eat smaller meals more often. 5-6 small meals throughout the day is better than 2-3 huge meals. NEVER deprive your body of food.
5. Eat "clean" food. Natural is always best.
6. Stay away from fried food. There are many ways to prepare food without frying it.
7. Drink a lot of water. Drinking at least six to eight glasses of water a day will keep your body well hydrated and will aid your body in metabolizing fat more efficiently.
8. Again, NEVER deprive your body of food. (or water)
9. Find something that will help keep you motivated. A picture of what you want to look like. A picture of what you currently look like. A motivational statement taped to your fridge. A reminder of the consequences that excess weight has on your health. ANYTHING that will help keep you motivated and on track.
The main key to weight loss is consistency. If you modify your eating and add daily activity, over time you will see results …. just stay at it.